Record numbers flocking to Red CentreNATS 05 02 August 2019 The 2019 instalment of Red CentreNATS will see more cars than ever before descend upon Alice Springs, with record numbers of entries flooding in for the popular event in conjunction with Summernats from Friday, 30 August to Sunday, 1 September. Event organisers have already received 485 entries for this year’s three-day automotive extravaganza, which is approximately an 11 per cent increase on the number of entries submitted at the same time in 2018. Territorians account for approximately 52 per cent of current entries, with interstate car enthusiasts making up the remaining 48 per cent. With two more weeks until entries close at midnight on Friday, 16 August, event organisers are expecting even more motorists to register their interest and become a part of Australia’s ultimate festival of wheels. Northern Territory Major Events Company (NTMEC) General Manager Tim Watsford said people from all corners of the country would be making their way to Alice Springs for Red CentreNATS 05. “Every year Alice Springs comes alive with car enthusiasts of all ages and we cannot wait to welcome new and returning motorists to the Red Centre for an unforgettable weekend,” he said. “We are excited to deliver another fantastic program, with a wide range of entertainment on offer for the whole family including Australia’s largest street parade, live music, drag racing and the Burnout Masters to name a few. “The countdown is on for Australia’s ultimate festival of wheels, so I’d encourage everyone to buy their tickets as soon as possible and get their entries in before Friday, 16 August to avoid missing out on this amazing event.” Now in its fifth year, Red CentreNATS will showcase hundreds of cars under the categories of street machines, hot rods, classics and supercars, with a jam-packed entertainment program offering everything from live music, drag racing, street parades and so much more. The 2019 event will also see a new ‘Heavy Hitter’ drag racing feature category introduced, as well as the single biggest field in Burnout Masters history. Summernats co-owner Andy Lopez said the 2019 instalment of Red CentreNATS would be the best yet. “As the only automotive event in the country that provides temporary permits for highly modified unregistered vehicles to hit the road over weekend, we expect to see lots of familiar faces back for Red CentreNATS 05, plus many new motorists in Alice Springs for the three day event,” he said. “We look forward to welcoming people from right across the Territory and Australia to Alice Springs for what is expected to be the biggest and best Red CentreNATS yet.” To find out more information, purchase tickets or enter this year’s Red CentreNATS, visit www.redcentrenats.com.au.