Darwin Supercars - Chequered flag being waved.

Back to the Track: BetEasy Darwin Triple Crown

Supercars are set to go ahead in Darwin with spectators, the first major event in the Territory and the first Supercars event to get the green light for a crowd since COVID-19.

The reimagined event at Hidden Valley Raceway will take place over two days with a dedicated COVID-19 Safety Plan making 4,500 tickets available per day.

Supercars CEO Sean Seamer said it was great news for Supercars and for fans of sport in the Northern Territory.

“The past few months have been tough on everyone, and we have worked hard behind the scenes to get our Championship back up and running and, importantly, getting fans back trackside,” he said.

“It will be an honour to see 4,500 fans at Hidden Valley each day cheering on their favourite drivers. This is certainly a positive milestone for us and we are thrilled that this year’s Darwin Triple Crown will be run in front of our supporters.”

Territorians who have already purchased their tickets will have first priority to repurchase new tickets, which are on pre-sale now for 48 hours before going on sale to the general public at 9am on Thursday, 2 July.

The much-loved and all-important merchandise stalls will be back, in a different location and format, along with a small selection of food and beverage vendors. Like last year, fans are invited to bring a picnic.

The transporter convoy follows its usual route on Thursday, 6 August but it will not stop in the Darwin CBD. Fans are requested to spread out along the length of the entire route to maintain physical distancing.

Concerts and support categories are not possible this year, and pit paddock access will be restricted to the racing teams and officials.

Tickets are $35 for a one-day pass and $65 for a two-day pass – Children aged 13 and under are free with a paying adult. Tickets for the Monster Platform cost $120.

To find out more visit www.darwinsupercars.com.au.